Cinnamon pull-apart bread to help cure our New Years hangovers (and encourage the wildcats to win!) (at Home)
Holy cow it’s the holidays. How did that happen so quickly? This year is FLYING by! I always know it’s holiday time when there’s nothing but sparkle being showcased all around us. Here are some favorite holiday looks that I’ve seen thus far, starting with some fantastic dress options:
1. A deep, rich green looks great on any skin tone and is perfect for the holidays - Amanda Uprichard Ponte Peplum Dress
2. A vintage gold beaded number will let you stand out in any social situation - Goldleaf Cocktail Dress
3. Every girl needs an LBD for this season’s parties, why not grab one with a little extra character - Cynthia Steffe ‘Callie” Cutout Leather & Ponte Sheath Dress
4. I’ve always been one to embrace winter white, especially when it evokes a goddess like quality - Express Surplice Wrap Hi-Lo Hem Dress - pair it with a sparkly belt and shoes and you’re set!
It’s Friday! After a long week, I’m thrilled for a relaxing weekend (and hopefully a final decision on our wedding venue)! Apparently, I’m not the only one thinking about all things wedding - Rachel Zoe has partnered with Lover.ly to give us a glimpse into some awesome old Hollywood glamour-inspired wedding ideas.
I voted in the election, and now I’m voting for style. In fashion news today, Stacey Bendet announced her latest Alice & Olivia line extension - evening gowns! These gowns are stunning - great cuts, beautiful silhouettes, and fun material - definitely stand out. If only I had a good reason to grab one (black tie gala anyone?). Here are my favorites from the launch:
These are incredible options for a formal holiday season - I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next!
NYC has officially gone dark. Our source of entertainment? Shining flashlights at our neighbors. It’s going to be a LONG night.
Genius at work. Watching the coverage & playing a drinking game - every time some idiot ventures out to get his/her 15 minutes of fame & the news covers it, drink. Very effective :) stay warm, dry and safe everyone! (at Home)
Another British favorite and go to for me is Karen Millen - if you don’t know her, you need to. She does beautiful, sculptural pieces that accentuate a woman’s figure beautifully. While she only carries a limited set of pieces from her line in the states, those of you who are able to get to London to check out all of it should consider yourselves lucky. Here are a few favorites (and purchases):
1. Modern color clock check knit dress - I tried this dress on and it’s the perfect combination of sculpted cut and sweater dress. The belting is a great accent, and the colors are really stand out.
2. Graphic check dress - this dress is very reminiscent of early McQueen, I love the design and the fabric - a great choice for the holiday season.
3. Sculptural peplum dress - I bought this in London and wore it out after the proposal to celebrate - clearly a great choice, very wearable but also really stand out due to its construction.
4. Moleskin coat with faux fur - to me, no outfit is complete without a great jacket (at least for those of us who have to deal with winter), so I picked up this jacket while I was in London as well. I love it’s vintage feel - very Jackie O. Unfortunately it’s not in the states yet, but hopefully it will be soon!